Twilight: The Graphic Novel

This article on my Google Reader was jumping up and down to get my attention this afternoon:

"Yen Press to Release 'Twilight: The Graphic Novel' in March"

The first printing will yield 350,000 copies, and will be available on March 16 of this year.  The graphic novel, being graphic, will include only selected prose from the first book of Stephenie Meyer's series.  The illustrations are done by Young Kim.

The article says the book will be released in two volumes (the release date for the second is TBA).

I've only finished 3 out of 4 of the books in the Twilight saga (I was late to the party, so to keep myself in suspense, I have a rule that I will only read the paperback versions), but I think I am going to have to add this graphic novel to my ever-growing list of Books to Purchase.  It will be interesting to see images put to Meyer's writing.  Yes, there are the movies, but I think we can all agree that film is an entirely different art form.  In addition, it seems Ms. Meyer has inserted herself very closely into the review process for the graphic novel.  This leads me to believe that the end product will feel very organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment