Teaser Tuesday!

This week's Teaser Tuesday comes from the book(s?) -- (I'll explain in a minute) -- I plan on reading next.  I have 27 pages left in No Turning Back, so I hope to get a review up for you by tomorrow night.  Not quite "early week," but midweek is still pretty good, right?  Right.

Anyhow, on to my next teaser, and then I'll go into the whole s-question-mark-in-parentheses thing.

  1. Grab your current read.*
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share with us two (2)** "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title and author of the book, so we can investigate on our own if we like the teaser you've given!
  5. Please avoid spoilers!
*To keep this feature periodic, I will be using both teasers from current reads, and from books I've read before, but haven't discussed on this blog.

**Quantity of sentences may vary, depending on how long it takes to finish the thought within those line parameters. Teasers should still make sense!


So exciting this week for me!!!  From The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening, by L. J. Smith:

"'What?' said Elena.
'Badly bitten, I mean. It must have bled a lot, and it hurts her to talk now.'"

Spooky, right?!?!?  RIGHT.

Now.  What I meant by that whole book or books? confusion was that when I bought my copies in The Vampire Diaries series, they did not come as four separate books.   Kind of like a poor man's Lord of the Rings thing, they came with the first two books in one volume, and the second two books in a second volume.  So.  I don't know yet if I'm going to review each book separately (I probably should, seeing as how that's how she wrote them, and I think they will all have individual elements, even if they are all in the same series...though if it does turn out to be like Lord of the Rings, maybe I'll review them all at once), or if I should review them two at a time, counting a volume as one book.  I guess it will depend on how quickly I get through them.  They are teen romance novels about vampires, though, so I can't imagine them taking me as long as Jane Eyre, or The Forever War, or even Free Food for Millionaires.  I would probably check myself into a hospital if that happened.  For VAMPIRE POISON.  Oh, I have so much to learn.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind this whole vampire kick of mine.  I'll admit I'm sort of into Twilight, but that's more to keep up with the trends than anything.  My desire to read The Vampire Diaries actually stems from the fact that I love (like, LOVE) the new CW show based on these books...but I didn't realize it was based on books when I started watching it.  Of course, when I found out it was based on books, I ran right out and bought the books.  I am really hoping they don't ruin the show for me.  Separate mediums, separate mediums.

Honestly, I haven't been this psyched about a CW show since Roswell.  Back when the CW was the WB.  I think.  And Roswell? ALSO based on books.  But I heard those books were no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment