Share Stuff Saturday: Math is Important

I was just reading through yesterday's edition of Five Star Friday, and happened across this blog post from Centre of the Universe - The Dreaming.  It breaks down the cost of publishing a book (in Canada).  Just in case any of you (and by "any of you" I mean "me") forgot what it takes to make it in this industry, here's some interesting reading that should jog your memory.  I am definitely never going to complain about retail prices ever again...at least, not in Canada.  I also learned that publishers are pushing more and more for their printers to use "greener" paper stock -- but of course, this insistence to do the world good is still coming at its explosively high price, since a lot of printers don't keep this stock on the floor.  How Catch-22 of everything.  Anyway.  Enjoy.

http://www.cenobyte.ca/words/2009/12/math-lesson-about-books.html

No comments:

Post a Comment