Teaser Tuesday!

 We had our first snow this week!  Perfect weather for curling up with a good book.  Or, for doing a teaser!
  1. Grab your current read.*
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share with us two (2)** "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title and author of the book, so we can investigate on our own if we like the teaser you've given!
  5. Please avoid spoilers!
*To keep this feature periodic, I will be using both teasers from current reads, and from books I've read before, but haven't discussed on this blog.

**Quantity of sentences may vary, depending on how long it takes to finish the thought within those line parameters. Teasers should still make sense!


I'm feeling Christmasy all of a sudden (Haul out the holly!), and I'm pretty disappointed I'm not going to be able to afford a Christmas tree this year after all.  So, to cheer me up, this week's teaser comes from my most favorite Christmas book of all time.  My grandma bought it for me at a garage sale one summer, and for Christmas two years later she made me a rag doll just like the one on the cover.  The book is called The Christmas Dolls: A Butterfield Square Story, and it's by Carol Beach York.  I lurve it.


Snowflakes flew in their faces, and melted on Florabelle's green glass-button eyes.  Everything looked wet to her after that, as if she were looking at the world under water.

Thanks once again, MizB, for your wonderful meme!  I'm off to decorate the rest of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment