Teaser Tuesday!

Brought to you by MizB at Should Be Reading.

And we're off!
  1. Grab your current read.*
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share with us two (2)** "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title and author of the book, so we can investigate on our own if we like the teaser you've given!
  5. Please avoid spoilers!
*To keep this feature periodic, I will be using both teasers from current reads, and from books I've read before, but haven't discussed on this blog.

**Quantity of sentences may vary, depending on how long it takes to finish the thought within those line parameters. Teasers should still make sense!


This week's teaser showcases Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  My first(?) honest-to-goodness classic!

"She shut her book and slowly looked up; her hat-brim partially shaded her face, yet I could see, as she raised it, that it was a strange one.  It looked all brown and black: elf-locks bristled out from beneath a white band which passed under her chin, and came half over her cheeks, or rather jaws; her eye confronted me at once, with a bold and direct gaze."


Shivers.  I'm definitely not that far into the book, but I am pretty excited about getting there!

Happy Tuesday. 

(Got your own teaser?  Post this meme on your own blog and leave a link in the comments here...or just add your teaser to a comment by itself.) 

2 comments:

  1. I am attempting to read more of the classics and this one is on my list. Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've actually found it really easy to get into. I'm going to go ahead and say that's a good thing, since the last time I struggled with a classic was in 8th grade. Hooray expanded vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete