Teaser Tuesday!

Props to MizB at Should Be Reading for giving us readers this fun meme.  Too bad I forgot to post this earlier and we're now officially twenty-two minutes into Wednesday.  But here goes...I give you: "Whodunit Wednesday" (what? It was the only "w" synonym for teaser on Thesaurus.com):
  1. Grab your current read.*
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share with us two (2)** "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title and author of the book, so we can investigate on our own if we like the teaser you've given!
  5. Please avoid spoilers!
*To keep this feature periodic, I will be using both teasers from current reads, and from books I've read before, but haven't discussed on this blog.

**Quantity of sentences may vary, depending on how long it takes to finish the thought within those line parameters. Teasers should still make sense!


This week's teaser showcases... ::drum roll! buhduhduhduhduhduhduh::

The Dread Crew: Pirates of the Backwoods by Kate Inglis!  I was fortunate enough to win this book through a giveaway on Kate's web site, Kate...Tells Stories (and for those looking for more of her writing, she also runs the blog sweet|salty).  It finally arrived on my doorstep yesterday, and I just started reading it, but we're off to a good start!  I didn't even open the book at random for the teaser this time because I wanted to share how much I absolutely love the first sentence of Chapter 1. (Sorry, rule-sticklers, but I think if you've already made peace with Whodunit Wednesday, you'll also be ok with me not following Normal Teaser Procedure -- or NTP, as we in the biz like to say)

"The boy was never seen without his backpack, although naturally, no one knew what it was for, because a pirate tracker is only a pirate tracker if that pirate tracker is so in secret."

If you're into YA (or pirates), you should pick this one up!  I'm so excited I could squeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment