Just an FYI

Fidel Castro's sister, Juanita, is coming out with a book about her brothers. This is of special interest to me because my French teacher in high school was a very proud Cuban woman (can you imagine the effect a Spanish accent has on the French language? Pretty cool. It's like an uber romantic language).

My teacher would always talk about how special her homeland was to her, and how much she hated hated hated Castro for how he chose to run the country. My memory is a bit foggy, but I believe his government was ultimately the reason behind her move to America, and away from her family. Despite everything, though, she loved Cuba so much; and it will be interesting to see the perspective of another Cuban woman, also exiled from her country, regarding the long-time rule of Fidel. I would love to compare the feelings and memories of Juanita to the stories told to us by my proud, Cuban French teacher. I wonder if she would pick up a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment